We spent the last few days in Ottawa educating and alerting federal MPs about the devastating situation in Canada regarding Lyme disease & Co-Infections.
It is so important that our politicians hear from as many people as possible that this is a major concern and we need urgent meaningful change. Below are some links you can click on to like, comment and share posts of our Government representatives to show them there is widespread support for this issue, which gives them a reason to learn more and be part of the solution.
MP Round Table - Monday May 7, 2018
All-Party MP Round Table:
On Monday May 7, LymeHope, along with CanLyme and the G. Magnotta Foundation and supported by Provincial Lyme groups, co-hosted an all-party MP Round Table education event on Lyme Disease in Canada. There was a great turnout, with over 40 MPs and/or their staffers in attendance from all parties. Your emails, letters and meetings with your MPs have had an impact!
We would like to acknowledge and thank MP Tracey Ramsey (NDP – Essex ON) and MP Randy Hoback (PC – Prince Albert SK) for co-sponsoring this event.
Dr. Ralph Hawkins, MD and Dr. Adrian Baranchuk, MD spoke to the medical concerns, Dr. Melanie Wills, PhD spoke about the science and Sue Faber, RN briefly shared the recent resolution on Lyme disease that was passed by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
Finally we had two amazing young Lyme warriors – Daniel Stimers and Emma Smashnuk – educate and inspire with their stories about their struggles with Lyme and the work they are both doing to raise awareness so that other children don't have to face the same struggles.
The Conservative Party of Canada is Listening
We were also very honoured to meet with MP Andrew Scheer (Regina Qu’Appelle), the Leader of the Official Opposition and the Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, along with Hon. MP Lisa Raitt (Milton, ON), the Deputy leader of the Conservative party, MP David Sweet (Flamborough- Glanbrook, ON), the Parliamentary Caucus Chair of the Conservative Party and MP Marilyn Gladu (Sarnia, ON), the Shadow Minister of Health. Earlier in the week we also had the opportunity to meet with MP Len Webber (Calgary Confederation, AB), MP Rosemary Falk (Battlefords – Lloydminster, SK) and MP Kevin Waugh (Saskatoon-Grasswood, SK).
We had the chance to share the numerous concerns being raised by Canadians coast to coast through this Petition.
The Conservative Party of Canada is indicating that they are very concerned and were interested to hear about the necessary solutions. We all agree it’s time to recognize, address & treat these diseases so our kids get back to school and parents get back to work, and we stop the unnecessary waste of health care dollars caused by misdiagnosis and delay in treatment!
It is so important for everyone to thank MPs who are showing support for this issue, and let them know your concerns, so they continue to make this a priority.
Here are a few steps you can do, and consider adding this Petition link (http://bit.ly/2lfBuNL) to your post to encourage more Canadians to be aware and show their concern by signing and sharing.
1. Click on the following Twitter post by MP Andrew Scheer – comment about your experience or concern, retweet to your Twitter followers: https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/994395759138160640
2. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Marilyn Gladu – like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/MPMarilynGladu/posts/964613270380171
3. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Tracey Ramsey – thank her for co-sponsoring the MP Round Table, like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/tracey.ramsey.587/posts/10156000795590860
4. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Randy Hoback – thank him for his co-sponsorship of the MP Round Table, like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/MPRandyHoback/posts/2271803142846487
5. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Len Webber – thank him for his continued support and for making time to meet with LymeHope, along with MP Kevin Waugh (Saskatoon-Grasswood, SK), MP Rosemary Falk (Battlefords-Lloydminster, SK) and MP Marilyn Gladu – and like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/lenwebberyyc/photos/a.447959592472.206606.39832652472/10155674269017473/?type=3
6. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Larry Miller – thank him for his continued support and for making time to meet with Tamara House, VP of LymeHope: https://www.facebook.com/LarryMillerMP/photos/a.966512633393328.1073741827.966442970066961/1936179359759979/?type=3
7. Click on MP Carol Hughes (NDP - Sudbury ON) Facebook page – thank her for making time to meet with LymeHope: https://www.facebook.com/Carol-Hughes-38326584416/
Thank you for your continued support, please continue to share this Petition.
Jennifer Kravis & Sue Faber
11/20/2018 04:53:20 pm
My Wife was diagnosed of Lyme disease four years ago. She was so terribly sick. I think her worst complaint was the severe headache. She I was taken doxycycline hyclate 100 mg as treatment for Lyme disease, twice a day for 21 days. and didn’t seem to be improving. She did not display a rash or any kind of bull's eye. Diagnosis was from blood test. We tried every shots available but nothing worked.Her Lyme Disease got significantly worse and unbearable because of her cognitive thinking. In 2015, our physician advised we go with natural treatment and was introduced to Natural Herbal Gardens natural organic Lyme Disease Herbal formula, She had a total decline of symptoms with this treatment, the fever, joint pain, weakness, shortness of breath, and anxiety. and others has subsided. Visit Natural Herbal Gardens official website ww w. naturalherbalgardens .c om
5/14/2019 09:52:48 pm
I was diagnosed in July 2012. I did not have any rash that I know of. I was bit by a tick when I was on vacation in Gettysburg, PA. I became very lethargic and my joints, especially my neck was hurting, some flu-like symptoms. My doctor checked EBV, Mono and Lymes. Lymes was positive. Tried 21-days of Doxy. Felt a little better, but then the bottom dropped out. Retested by PCR and positive. I was on 30-days of IV Rocephin. I felt better, but still had bad days, so I decided to start on a Natural Lyme Formula treatment protocol from Organic Herbal Clinic (ww w. organicherbalclinic. com), the treatment effectively treated my Lyme disease condition. The stiffness, fatigue and joint/muscle/body pains has subsided, I feel better overall than i have felt in years. 3 months after the treatment, I made an appointment with a rheumatologist in Houston, after examining me, she looked at me and told me I did not have Lyme disease because all the usual Lyme symptoms had stopped. Its almost like a miracle!
Wanda Sue Figueroa
8/12/2022 05:30:49 am
My husband and I were tested for Lyme disease 3 years ago and both tests came back positive. My symptoms were never as bad as my husband, but the doctor treated us with doxycycline for 13 months, about $3 each per month! He said that he, his wife and one daughter, also a doctor, has had Lyme. He believes a simple round of doxycycline for 13 months will totally wipe out Lyme! After 13 months on doxycycline we didn’t seem to be improving, we decided to quit the meds due to side effects. Our care provider Dr Miller introduced us to Health Herbs Clinic Lyme herbal treatment. The treatment is a miracle. We are both cured as well as his family. Many doctors don't know that a few months of antibiotics simply will not kill Lyme, Going back to my farm work again gives me so much joy. I recommend healthherbsclinic Lyme herbal formula for anyone out there with same condition. visit their website healthherbsclinic .com.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.