We spent the last few days in Ottawa educating and alerting federal MPs about the devastating situation in Canada regarding Lyme disease & Co-Infections.
It is so important that our politicians hear from as many people as possible that this is a major concern and we need urgent meaningful change. Below are some links you can click on to like, comment and share posts of our Government representatives to show them there is widespread support for this issue, which gives them a reason to learn more and be part of the solution.
MP Round Table - Monday May 7, 2018
All-Party MP Round Table:
On Monday May 7, LymeHope, along with CanLyme and the G. Magnotta Foundation and supported by Provincial Lyme groups, co-hosted an all-party MP Round Table education event on Lyme Disease in Canada. There was a great turnout, with over 40 MPs and/or their staffers in attendance from all parties. Your emails, letters and meetings with your MPs have had an impact!
We would like to acknowledge and thank MP Tracey Ramsey (NDP – Essex ON) and MP Randy Hoback (PC – Prince Albert SK) for co-sponsoring this event.
Dr. Ralph Hawkins, MD and Dr. Adrian Baranchuk, MD spoke to the medical concerns, Dr. Melanie Wills, PhD spoke about the science and Sue Faber, RN briefly shared the recent resolution on Lyme disease that was passed by the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
Finally we had two amazing young Lyme warriors – Daniel Stimers and Emma Smashnuk – educate and inspire with their stories about their struggles with Lyme and the work they are both doing to raise awareness so that other children don't have to face the same struggles.
The Conservative Party of Canada is Listening
We were also very honoured to meet with MP Andrew Scheer (Regina Qu’Appelle), the Leader of the Official Opposition and the Leader of the Conservative Party of Canada, along with Hon. MP Lisa Raitt (Milton, ON), the Deputy leader of the Conservative party, MP David Sweet (Flamborough- Glanbrook, ON), the Parliamentary Caucus Chair of the Conservative Party and MP Marilyn Gladu (Sarnia, ON), the Shadow Minister of Health. Earlier in the week we also had the opportunity to meet with MP Len Webber (Calgary Confederation, AB), MP Rosemary Falk (Battlefords – Lloydminster, SK) and MP Kevin Waugh (Saskatoon-Grasswood, SK).
We had the chance to share the numerous concerns being raised by Canadians coast to coast through this Petition.
The Conservative Party of Canada is indicating that they are very concerned and were interested to hear about the necessary solutions. We all agree it’s time to recognize, address & treat these diseases so our kids get back to school and parents get back to work, and we stop the unnecessary waste of health care dollars caused by misdiagnosis and delay in treatment!
It is so important for everyone to thank MPs who are showing support for this issue, and let them know your concerns, so they continue to make this a priority.
Here are a few steps you can do, and consider adding this Petition link (http://bit.ly/2lfBuNL) to your post to encourage more Canadians to be aware and show their concern by signing and sharing.
1. Click on the following Twitter post by MP Andrew Scheer – comment about your experience or concern, retweet to your Twitter followers: https://twitter.com/AndrewScheer/status/994395759138160640
2. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Marilyn Gladu – like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/MPMarilynGladu/posts/964613270380171
3. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Tracey Ramsey – thank her for co-sponsoring the MP Round Table, like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/tracey.ramsey.587/posts/10156000795590860
4. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Randy Hoback – thank him for his co-sponsorship of the MP Round Table, like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/MPRandyHoback/posts/2271803142846487
5. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Len Webber – thank him for his continued support and for making time to meet with LymeHope, along with MP Kevin Waugh (Saskatoon-Grasswood, SK), MP Rosemary Falk (Battlefords-Lloydminster, SK) and MP Marilyn Gladu – and like, comment and share: https://www.facebook.com/lenwebberyyc/photos/a.447959592472.206606.39832652472/10155674269017473/?type=3
6. Click on the following Facebook post by MP Larry Miller – thank him for his continued support and for making time to meet with Tamara House, VP of LymeHope: https://www.facebook.com/LarryMillerMP/photos/a.966512633393328.1073741827.966442970066961/1936179359759979/?type=3
7. Click on MP Carol Hughes (NDP - Sudbury ON) Facebook page – thank her for making time to meet with LymeHope: https://www.facebook.com/Carol-Hughes-38326584416/
Thank you for your continued support, please continue to share this Petition.
Jennifer Kravis & Sue Faber